Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adios, 1822

We are officially out of the apartment! It was bittersweet. I won't lie, I cried a couple of tears once while cleaning. I mean after all, this is the place I brought my baby home to. We are so happy to be able to spread out in the new place and we will make just as many memories here.

I was trying to take a picture of each room, just for memories.... Kayleigh obviously wanted to be in the one of her room. I though it was kinda cute!

THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT THE 1822:
1. This guy. He obviously had no job because all he did was lay by the pool. I have never seen this man with a shirt on and without his visor. And yes, that is a very long ponytail.
2. The bird's eye view of the world.
3. The beautiful light for all of my pictures, the new house is very cave-like.
4. Garden tubs. Our 1950's tubs are just not the same.
5. Having an AC unit in our room. I am so stinking hot here.
6. All of the pretty landscaping.
7. Free pizza night (though it was never the same without you, Tara).
8. The pool.
9. The patio to dry my diapers on (I am SURE my neighbors loved that!)
10. The laundry being INSIDE of the house.

THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT THE 1822:
1. Dog poop, everywhere.
2. Getting warning stickers on my car for parking in the handicap spot. Don't they know that having a baby is a handicap. Oh, and they were lying.... they never towed me "next time."
3. 1000 square feet with a baby, a dog, and a WHOLE lot of stuff.
4. groceries + stairs + baby = ughhh.
5. Car alarms going off for no apparent reason in the middle of the night.
6. The sugar ants.
7. All of the Chinese Take out menus rubber-banded to the door handle ( SO WASTEFUL!).
8. Hearing other people walk, talk, listen to music.....
9. Getting wet when it is raining in the mornings.

No comments: