Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a Day!


Well, we had a long day. Sean was at church all day (with his phone off), so I had the Bear alone. We ran a few errands and came home. When we got home, I ran the dogs outback to go potty. I usually take the Bear, but this time I left her inside (yeah, you can see where this is going.) Don't call CPS, I could see her up against the sliding glass door the whole time. Well, she picked up the stick that we keep in the track so no one can break in and she put it back in the track..... locking herself in the house. My heart dropped. I jumped over the fence (haven't done that in 15 years) and ran next door. After the neighbors and I tried to get her to pick it up, we had to resort to calling the fire department. An hour and a half after she put the stick in, I had the Bear in my arms. Don't worry, she wasn't too upset. She found her bowl of Goldfish and ate them while she watched the firefighters. I feel like a horrible, awful, no good, very bad mom. I cried, hugged her, and then made sure I got a quick picture for the blog.

1 comment:

Bree said...

So did they have to break the door? How did they get it open?