
A Halloween skirt for the Bear.
A knit dress for me. I LOVE knit dresses, I think I will make 5 more just like this in different colors. PS - please excuse the hair and workout clothes under my dress. We rode bikes tonight.
I was thinking while I was finishing my dress about the first time I remember sewing something. It was at my Mimi's house, where many of my most fond memories took place. Mimi has a sewing room TO DIE FOR in her bedroom. It has tons of cabinets, counter space, and even an iriong board that pulls out of the wall. When I grow up, I want a sewing room like that. I don't remember how old I was, or where Matt was.... but Mimi and I decided to sew a dress for a Cabbage Patch doll. It was blue with white dots, had a sash, and bloomers (from what remember). Mainly what I remember is that I kept sewing wonky lines, and that the seam ripper and I really got to know each other. Now, if it were up to me, I would have just left the wonky lines. I dont take anything apart unless it is TERRIBLY wrong. For instance, on the blue dress that I made, I put the skirt on inside out... I ripped it off and started again. Had it just been a wonky line, I would have left it... or sewn a straight line over it. I am lazy. Anyways, we finally finished the dress. Maybe one day she will send me a picture so that I can show y'all what it looked it. I am still very proud of it, even though I am sure that I didn't sew MOST of it.

4 comments:
I would like to know where you get all of the cute patterns for your sewing projects. I love to sew as well and don't seem to find any that cute. I have a son, so I normally make him jon jons but I would like to make myself some cute shirts and dresses for church. Thanks for the help! I love all of the fabric you buy for your daughter's clothes. They are too cute!
Yes .. please do tell the pattern for the blue dress. It looks great on you! Oh --- and sewing is "way cool". :)
Ah! That skirt is just too cute! And I love your dress! I've had one sewing project (curtains for my classroom) and they were a success but I want to adventure into making clothes as well! I'm so impressed!
I think I need to learn to sew. I'm so envious! :) I have a really tough time with straight lines!!
Post a Comment