Thursday, June 26, 2008

Keeping Busy



My toe still hurts very badly. Now that the swelling has gone down, you can tell how crooked it is.... ick! Since I don't feel up to going to the gym or walking around the mall, we have been spending alot of time around the house. To keep the Bear busy, I have been making her a little "water play" area. She thinks it is great!

ALSO: I have been wanting to try cloth diapers FOREVER. We decided to give it a try. It is going well, and they are SO cute (look at the picture)! They are alot easier than I would have ever guessed, just like a disposable diaper, but in cloth (look here). We are testing them out to see if it is something we would want to do all the time. Well, all the time in the house. I don't care to tote around poopy cloth diapers outside of the house. We are using a company out of Houston called Diaper Daisy. I HIGHLY recommend them. For about what we would have spent in disposable diapers for 2 weeks, we spent on "renting" brand new ones! I love that we are not putting all of that waste in a landfill, but most importantly (to me) that we save 30 cents every time we use a cloth diaper. THAT ADDS UP! PS - please excuse the crazy underlining, it won't go away.

2 comments:

Bree said...

We use cloth and LOVE it! Not only is it so much easier than you think, but like you said- it feels good to keep all that crap out of the landfill! We supplement with disp. when needed, but we are mostly in cloth!

The Mosiers said...

This is so great to hear! Matt is all about the cloth diapers to cut down costs, but I'm still a bit skeptical about them. I've been researching them, but it's good to hear that it's easier than you think!

Erin