Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite

When Sean has an idea, he cannot get it out of his head. Take for example, the kite. Sean decided last week that he needed a kite, not just any kite, a cool (read: more expensive than The Dollar Tree) kite. So he of course found a place to get one and bought it. Then he took me with him to fly it.


It took 15 minutes just to put it together. I snapped some pretty pictures of weeds at sunset.


Then it wouldn't fly because we set up shop in what my fourth graders know as a landform called a basin. Not much good wind down there. So the kite kept getting tangled.

After about 30 tries of me holding up the kite, Sean running with it, the kite taking a nose dive back into the earth, he FINALLY got it flying! (can you see him? he and the kite are REALLY small).

I'm glad he used his allowance on it, I have a feeling I won't be seeing it again anytime soon!

No comments: