Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 120

(I need to buy some pants that actually fit!)

I understand that some of my friends may make fun of me BIG TIME for this (except maybe Molly, but it is hard to read a blog when you have no internet). I made myself grocery bags (aren't they SO cute?). Let me preface this by saying: I am not trying to "go green" That term annoys me. You see, it all started when my friend Tara sent me this video called "stuff." It really got me thinking about how wasteful I am. I have been trying to make little changes like at least recycling my Diet Pepsi cans and such. I hate how everytime I go to the grocery store, I bring home at least 8 plastic bags that promptly get thrown away (except Target, they are good for the diaper Genie). So, I am now "that person" in the line... and I feel good about it.

Do you think I need more than 5?

6 comments:

Jennifer Roush said...

umm you totally need five more - and you need to give me the pattern!!! Miss you friend!

Kristy said...

It depends on how big they are. HEB gave us 2 free "green bags" and they are pretty big. I can usually get most of my stuff in them. Yours are way cuter than mine though!

Anonymous said...

haha those also look cute as purses =)

Tara said...

that's awesome michelle!! i only have 3 (they are cheap looking, not nearly as cute as yours) and they usually fit the groceries that would fill 12 plastic bags. maybe a bag could be my first sewing project :)

Sean C said...

I'm proud of you sweetheart!

Unknown said...

I just bought some Baggu's right before I saw your post! The design is very similar to your bags. Your's are sooo cute! Love it Michelle!