Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 99

I am SO glad that I found photography. I am one of those people that needs a creative outlet. I have had SO many of them come and go. Knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, digital scrapbooking, decorating, frame making..... seriously, I could go on and on. None of them, until now have lasted this long. I am consumed with photography. I go to recess with my kids and while they are trying to tell me about who pushed them down the slide, all I can see is how the light is hitting their face. When I drive down the road, I imagine how I could compose a picture with that old falling down apartment complex. I can make just a moment stand still forever. Over the past 8 months, I have started to understand fleeting moments. Moments that I can not have back, but can document through pictures.

Sorry that was so long, I just watched that "Last Lecture" show on TV and am feeling a little sentimental.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I just watched the same show and cried my eyes out! Thank goodness no one but Miles witnessed it. He tried to lick my tears. Love ya girl!

Bree said...

OMG I relate to that so much- add card making, decorating, cooking, quilting and we've together covered every aisle in Hobby Lobby! Photography has been the one that I always come back to (and got most overwhelmed by). I love it. I see my life in pictures and sometimes I use a camera. You are speakin' my language girl!

Anonymous said...

I watched the same show. So moving!!! I think you've definitely found your niche with photography.